Senior Broadcast Media Technologist
If you have a passion for media, experience in broadcast technology, and a desire to be part of a television station committed to positive, family-friendly, entertainment programming, we invite you to apply for the full-time permanent position of:
Senior Broadcast Media Technologist
This position holds a vital role for the stability of our operational functions through the installation, maintenance and technical support for the technology used in the acquisition, creation, manipulation, distribution, and transmission of our media channels.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Troubleshoot, update, and repair technology used in the acquisition, creation, manipulation, distribution and transmission of media.
- Install and integrate new technologies into existing systems, including planning, cabling, configuration and documentation.
- Monitor, manage and maintain the organization’s Television Transmitters
- Provide technical support to the users of media-related technology.
- Provide technical solutions to meet and improve operational objectives.
- Ensure our media outlets operate at the highest possible quality and consistency.
- Contribute to creative solutions using established equipment and techniques.
- Provide technology support for Media Services, Master Control, Studio Production, outside clients and all other media technology users in the organization.
- Proactively monitor and maintain the media technology systems to ensure the highest possible quality and reliability, from media content creation systems to distribution, utilizing various test equipment.
- Assist in planning, installation, and implementation of media technology systems infrastructure, including racking and cabling (coax, control, and network)
- Create and maintain engineering documentation, including AutoCAD, standard Office applications and labelling.
- Maintain Television Broadcast transmitters and associated equipment.
- Communicate with outside service providers, contractors, and equipment suppliers.
- Communicate with viewers and respond to their reception issues.
- Maintain a record of equipment inventory, either incoming or disposal.
- Troubleshoot systems and equipment to the module or component level.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 2-year Technician program or a 3-year Technologist diploma in Electronics/IT
- Minimum five years of media industry technology support working with:
- Studio production and editing equipment
- IT networking and server maintenance
- Transmitter maintenance
- Experience with digital video codecs, file formats, transcoding software, and associated metadata such as Time code and Closed captions.
- System Administrator for Windows, MAC, and Linux OS.
- Understanding of IT networking, data protocol, and standards.
- SQL database management and queries.
- Ability to document processes and workflows.
- Basic knowledge of Radio Frequency theory and the operation of high-powered transmitters.
- Experience with media playout automation and media asset systems would be an asset, especially Morpheus and Ice Master Control Systems and eMAM Asset Management system.
- Working knowledge of Scripts, CSS, HTML PHP, Node JS, and REST/SOA will be an asset.
- Flexibility with work hours. The position is a regular day shift but requires flexibility to cover productions that go long or the occasional evening or weekend.
- Must be available to be on-call after-hours on a rotating basis.
- Problem Solver/troubleshooter
- Innovative thinker
- Excellent communicator
- Works well under pressure
- Self-directed lifelong learner
- Customer service oriented
- Takes initiative
- Must be physically able to lift light to moderate loads and climb a 6′ ladder.
- Highly collaborative team environment
- YES TV works closely with Crossroads Christian Communications which shares our workspace. crossroads.ca
- Co-workers who are committed to the exceptional delivery of our services, and meaningful growth through Purpose Development
YES TV offers:
- Competitive benefits program for you and your eligible dependents
- Employee Family Assistance Plan
- Paid time-off benefits, personal, sick days
- Matching Group RSP plan
How To Apply:
- Please send a resume and a cover letter that includes a brief explanation of your knowledge of YESTV and how your contributions would benefit the team and organization to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We thank all applicants in advance, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted due to the volume of applications.
- Applications internally and externally will be considered.
- YESTV is an Employment Equity Employer.
YES TV is Canada’s most-watched faith and family values station. As a religious broadcaster, we create a welcoming platform for the multitude of spiritual voices of Canadians to share messages of hope, justice, and values. YES TV is licensed and regulated by the CRTC as a religious channel and an exclusively Canadian television station, available in 6.8 million homes across Canada.